To improve the financial status of the State by maximizing the State’s revenue potentials and ensuring transparency, accountability and sustainability through effective and efficient use of the State’s financial resources.
To be the most efficient and formidable vehicle through which the State Government would achieve self-reliance and fiscal sustainability.
PAST AUDITORS-GENERAL TO PRESENT
ADMINISTRATION AND STRUCTURE OF THE OFFICE
- Upholding the responsibilities as stated in the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and other enabling laws;
- Developing and designing data collecting instrument for the Ministry, Departments and Agency.
- Issuance of State wide Audit circular
- Holds entry meeting with Accounting Officers before the commencement of Audit exercise.
- Audit of the account of Technical Colleges and Secondary Commercial Schools.
- Understand the business of Ministries, Departments and Agencies by evaluation.
- Ensures that essential records are maintained and the rules and procedures applied are sufficient to safeguard government property and funds.
- Submit report of Audited Financial Statements to the State House of Assembly.
- Obtain and Fixes Audit fees.
- Involved in the auditing of the State Government elements of activities of the Local Government.
- Ensure the circulation of its audited reports to all agencies of Government.
- Contribute to development of Personnel to meet up professional standard.
- Regular interaction with Public Account committee of the State House of Assembly.
- Imposition of sanction /surcharge as may be required.
- Monitoring of Project being executed and engaging a special investigation as required.
- Carry out Compliance Audit.
- Giving Audit opinion on Accounts of the state.
- Recommendation of external Auditors and issuance of guidelines for Audit firms.
- Guard jealously its role as a “watchdog and not a blood hound” for Government.
- Play an advisory role to government and MDAs.
- Receive individual retiree files for certification of computation sheet.
- Engaged in regular research and development on audit activities